Back in action

Back in action after a long long time!

Friday, June 23, 2006

Mumbai's local trains(incident)...


I've always wanted to write about this.Mumbai local.
Aaaahhh.A long breath is what you require to get into the mumbai local(Specially during peak hours).
If you are somebody new to mumbai, then just forget of travelling in mumbai locals during the peak hours.Choose a weekend or might be a sunday to move around by the train.

This incident took place when i was travelling back home(yesterday) thats from Andheri(Workplace) to Thane(home).I was waiting on Platform No. 5 for the 7.47 p.m local(train) to arrive.As usual the train was late by 5 min to arrive.Unlike the other trains this train's starting point is dadar.Since it starts from dardar, majority of the people prefer to travel by this train(less crowded).
The train was arriving .. As usual i jumped in.. Oh Shit!! It was a First class bogie.Had to get out of this one & get into the usual bogie.By the time i could get out(Ah!! people squeeze & literally kill you) of the bogie & get into the general one, the general bogie was full, No place to sit :(.
I moved to the door(double the size of the normal train doors).Found two men sitting down(not on a seat) right near the door.I realised i had no place to stand near the door.Tried to get in the gap between the two sitting & there they go "Dont stand here!!!, we want air to come in, its hot", i said "ok..but i am just standing & this shouldnt block the breeze from coming in"..No use .
The man sitting behind me started pulling my leg behind.I told him to wait for a sec & i moved out from that place.I was standing right next to that man.
The train started moving... Somewhere in my mind i got a feeling that he should realise that what he had done was wrong.But i said "NO" to myself(it was my ego.. since i didnt get what i wanted).I waited by the side & watched the train speed up & slow down.Within a few moments it started drizzling, as the train went away from "dadar" it started raining heavily.It rained very heavily & both of them(the guys with whom i had argued) had to get their ass off the ground, they were standing.One of the guys looked at me and said "Tune toh hame such mein utha diya"(you made us get up from our place). I didnt utter a single word, i just smiled at them.Soon one of the guys realised he had got near to his destination.. he asked his friend "Woh ladka kahan hai"(where is that boy).His friend pointed his finger towards me.That guy said sorry to me.. I was surprised to hear that from him.I replied "Dont be sorry" & he got off the train.
Another two more stations & i was at my station(thane)...

Still wondering.. Was it a coincidence that it rained & the guys got off their place or ......

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home